Wednesday 15 July 2015

Pendrell Sound


Swimming in the warmest salt water north of Mexico
View up Tobo Inlet
    We decided to motor to the north end of Pendrell Sound today. There are many oyster spat harvesting operations here, probably due to the very warm and clear water. The rocks are covered in big, fat oysters. I harvested another couple of dozen. No one else really likes them, so I get to eat most of them myself. (Yum!) I make sure they don't have PSP (paralytic shellfish poisoning) by rubbing one on the inside of my lip. If it doesn't go numb, then I eat one or two raw and wait a bit. So far, so good!
    We went for a walk on a trail that took us through a beautiful hemlock forest. Everything was green and lush, but obviously lacking rain. It was good to stretch our legs again.
    The winds came up in the afternoon, and we dragged anchor again. We have a stern tie, but the bottom is rock, and the winds are coming from the bow. Hopefully we're set now for the night, as the winds are supposed to switch to our stern.
    The food is great, and the grog is fine. Only problem is not enough excercise. I am going to have to get a routine in place soon, or we will have to buy a bigger boat.
Cheers! Pete.

1 comment:

  1. Now I am here....whoopee! Glad all sounds happy & wavy. Keep up with the news! Love M.

    ReplyDelete