Wednesday 1 July 2015

Departure

     Yesterday morning Pete and I turned in our marina keys at Swantown, I am now officially 'homeless' as I have no physical address. We motored Cygnus to Percival Landing and moored right in front of Olympia's Oyster House restaurant. After all this I went to the office for my last couple of hours before retirement.
     Over a dozen of my coworkers, and my brother Andy, joined us at Oyster House for a lunch time send off. Pete had bought a bottle of Champagne so the whole group toasted our upcoming adventure.
     We stopped off at Gig Harbor on Wednesday for another wonderful departure lunch with my good friends James and Becky Peet.
     Pete and I motored out of Budd Inlet watching Olympia fade in the distance. Will this be our last time in Olympia? Such an inconsequential question today. The Inside Passage is laid out before us. Then the west coast of North America? Then Mexico? Then... wherever we go Pete and I will take good care of each other. We will also take good care of Cygnus, and she of us. Stay tuned for many more posts.
Tacoma Narrows bridges this morning 

Moonrise over Mount Rainier last night 

3 comments:

  1. I wish you Both a most amazing adventure! I am so envious....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing how this scenery inspires you Pete :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm inspired already by the amazing sights. The camera is always on the go. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete