Thursday 3 December 2015

Oxnard, CA

Business at home has forced Pete to return to Quesel. I saw him off at LAX and returned to Santa Barabara. This never gets any easier for either of us. The good news is we plan to get together again for Christmas. We will meet in Seattle to visit my family and friends, then proceed to Quesnel for Christmas with Pete's kids, grandkids, and siblings. I have arranged moorage at Ensanada to keep Cygnus safe during this time.

After leaving Santa Barbara I spent 5 days at Santa Cruz Island. The weather was incredible, I got in a lot of suntanning and a little swimming (in November!!!). A Santa Anna wind came up during this time, but I found a snug hole at Coches Prietas Cove to wait it out. Finally, I returned to civilazation at Channel Islands Marina in Oxnard.

Coches Prietas Cove looking north
  

Coches Prietas Cove looking northwest
Coches Prietas Cove looking southeast

No comments:

Post a Comment