Monday 10 August 2015

Tahsis, BC

Made it around Cape Cook
with no issues and the wind at my back. The sea otters have been joined by black bears on the wild life watching list. 3 black bears so far (2 may have been the same one - same beach different days). I met some wonderful folks from England, and another couple from Calgary, at the Bunsby Islands. Kyuquot Sound was very damp, but pretty all the same. I have made it all the way to Nootka Sound now. I am presently enjoying a Margarita at Tahsis, BC. A few more days at Nootka and it will be time to decide where to go next...
Solander Island, off Cape Cook

3 comments:

  1. Terrific, tranquil scenery. Poetry in pictures! “Poetry is the spontaneous overflow of powerful feelings: it takes its origin from emotion recollected in tranquility.” ― William Wordsworth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alot of the fishing boats come out of Coal Harbor - quite a run but the fishing out there is worth it. Fished out there with my cousin over the years and caught many a nice salmon. The first time we turned the corner coming out of the Sound to the open ocean I was amazed as you were by the number of boats out there. Beautiful county, though. Didn't encounter the flies as you did fortunately. Or maybe since I showered that morning I wasn't 'ripe' enough for them as I would guess you were after being on the boat for several days without all those creature comforts :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments! Yes, I would expect the horsefies would be attracted to Dave. Heh! Heh!
    Pat, could you please email me? I would like to fill you in on a few things.
    Cheers! Pete.

    ReplyDelete