Tuesday 23 June 2015

Well, yesterday I learned a bit about myself and how projects sometimes go on a boat. I'm used to having all my tools and parts accessible and available. Yesterday I learned that things are not always stowed where you expect, and when you need something, you may have to empty a few lockers to get to it. This can add many frustrating hours to what seems like a simple project. I installed a battery integrator. A job that should have taken me a couple of hours, and ended up taking most of the day. Poor Dave had to deal with my gloomy mood after he got off work. But as usual, he was able to put things in perspective and cheer me up. In any case, another project comes off the list.
   We have also installed a beautiful African mahogany folding table and Dave did some much needed cleaning and repairs to the cabin sole near the head. That was a nasty job that was good to get out of the way.
Cheers! Pete.
Dave working in the bowels of Cygnus

New lee cloth for those port side tacks

Pete thinks I might serve him dinner at our new dining table

2 comments:

  1. Looks cozy, till you add a tack in a stiff breeze. When do you set sail? enough cleaning already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the crab pillow! :)

    ReplyDelete